For Farmers and Local Authorities
It is in the best interests of Occupiers/Local Authorities and the community to ensure that only properly organised, Authorised events, run by Clubs and Organisers with the correct insurance, Authorisations and safeguards in place, are allowed to use their land in their authority area, for motorcycle sport events. The status of an event organiser can be checked by logging onto www.mscode.co.uk to confirm that they are affiliated to a signatory body to the Code of Practice. Insurance
Minimum insurance must include:
- Up to a Limit of Indemnity of £10,000,000 for each and every claim, which covers the organising body, plus:
- Local Association Club,
- Any Official carrying out duties at the Insured event,
- Rescue organisations or their personnel,
- The promoters and sponsors of the Insured event,
- Participants (and their pit and service personnel) authorised to compete in the Insured event
- A full indemnification for the Occupiers as join insured in respect of claims arising from the event or injury caused on land/property. There must also be full Personal Injury protection for all event Officials
The insurance must also include an Authorisation Permit, issued by an Authorising Body which temporarily suspends the relevant elements of the 1995 Road Traffic Act in relation to the use of motor vehicles in an event. Permits help ensure event organisers and promoters involved in any type of auto or motorcycle leisure, comply with the law and the Motor Vehicles (Off Road Event) Regulations 1995 in particular.
Motorcycle Sporting Event Organisers should not be permitted to use land for organised events without evidence of adequate insurance and Authorising Permit.
All Event Organisers must be able to produce evidence of insurance cover and Authorising Permit provided by the Governing Body or Association to which they are affiliated.
With the appropriate operational safeguards in place, the Farmer/Local Authority can be confident that the event will be run to the highest standards and, in the event of an incident, the appropriate indemnifications will be in place.